At Opotiki District Council operations are on a scale where a supportive and competent team environment allows creativity and innovation. Professional development and achievement is important and positions are often multidisciplinary or comprise both strategic and operational activity.
Gardener/Groundsperson - part time/fixed term
This is a part time fixed term vacancy till 29 June 2018 and is your opportunity to join our valued team who maintain our community public parks, gardens and recreational facilities. We are looking for someone who:
- has a passion for public spaces and people
- is a team player with good communication skills
- is a motivated self-starter
- is physically fit and able to do outdoor manual work, and
- has an eye for detail.
Ōpōtiki District Council is a small and progressive council in New Zealand's stunning Eastern Bay of Plenty. We focus on helping to create a strong community with a strong future.
In a period of significant development and growth this could be your opportunity to join a dynamic team who focus on getting things done.
Reporting to the Engineering and Services Group Manager the Project Manager role is pivotal to the successful delivery of some 'game changer' major projects over the next few years.
Your extensive project management experience and qualifications in engineering or similar will give you an advantage to successfully manage some key projects in areas such as harbour structures, roading, 3 Waters as well as other functional council areas such as community facilities.
Understanding the inter-dependencies that exist, you will be a strong project leader and communicator, able to build successful relationships internally, and with external agencies and stakeholders including Iwi and hapū.
You will have:
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in engineering, project management or a closely related field
- A minimum of 5 years' significant project management experience
- A good knowledge of local government processes and protocols
- A working knowledge of relevant local government and environmental legislation
- A high level of computer literacy, and a current driver's licence
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Broad civil engineering skills and practical experience
- Commercial acumen and political awareness
You can view a copy of the Position Description here: Project Manager Position Description (PDF, 92KB).
All applications can be made online by clicking on APPLY NOW below.
Applications close Monday 30 October at 4.00 pm.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Opotiki District Council is a member of the Equal Employment Opportunities Trust Employers Group.
Members endeavour to recruit, reward and develop employees on the basis of merit, recognising that effectively managing New Zealand's diverse population can lead to increased creativity, engagement and productivity.